Academics, practitioners, and PhD students who are interested in current research and information covering the broad spectrum of industrial economics & industrial organization are invited to join the European Association for Research in Industrial Economics (EARIE).
EARIE Members benefit from:
- the opportunity to take part in their professional association and field(s) of research by submitting papers to and attending EARIE Annual Conferences in a variety of interesting European locations;
- belonging to an international network of academic and professional economists with a common interest in this specialized field;
- receiving and posting announcements of interest to the EARIE community;
- voting on decisions pertaining to the Association at the annual EARIE General Assembly and standing for election to the EARIE Executive Committee (and/or nominating suitable potential candidates) by participating in online EARIE elections;
- reduced member rates on optional personal subscriptions to the International Journal of Industrial Organization (IJIO) and occasional targeted publisher promotions.
ATTENTION! All delegates participating in the EARIE Annual Conference are expected to be current members. Note that the conference registration fee includes EARIE membership for the following calendar year only – so if you missed the last conference, don't forget to renew online...
Until 2008, EARIE membership automatically included a personal print subscription to its associated journal, International Journal of Industrial Organization (IJIO); however, in response to academic budgetary restrictions (among other factors), the cost of annual EARIE membership was reduced substantially and the personal print subscription to IJIO was no longer bundled together with EARIE membership. Nevertheless, individual IJIO subscriptions are still available directly from the publisher (Elsevier) at a reduced rate for EARIE member subscribers.
- The annual EARIE membership fee is €50 (21% Belgian VAT inclusive) per calendar year (January 1–December 31) – regardless of when one joins or renews. The same fee applies to new memberships and PhD students as well as renewals. The payment method is online by credit card (or via paid registration at the previous EARIE conference). Membership for a given year is activated upon successful online payment, as confirmed by electronic invoice / payment receipt delivered via e-mail to the member's inbox as per details provided (or once the list of registered conference participants is delivered to EARIE and processed / uploaded to its membership database – usually completed 2-3 months post-conference).
- Individual subscriptions to IJIO are optional for EARIE members – to be applied for directly via the publisher's website, Elsevier. Note that in addition to the print format, IJIO subscriptions include online access to all material published in the journal since 1995.
- EARIE has a Belgian VAT number: BE 0423 828 632. It is possible to include one's own VAT number (or that of the institution taking care of the payment) on EARIE invoices by contacting the EARIE secretariat (email@example.com).
For EARIE-related inquiries, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For personal assistance, please consult the webpage Contact EARIE.